The 10 Best Makeup Tips and Tricks for Beginners
1. Start with a Primer: Primer forms a great base for any look, so make sure you use one before you start applying your makeup. Primer will help your makeup last longer and glide onto your face more evenly. It also helps fill in any fine lines and pores, giving you a smooth canvas to work with.
2. Make sure to choose a foundation that matches your skin tone as closely as possible and apply a primer before applying your foundation. Blending the foundation well will ensure a natural and flawless finish.
3. Don’t Skip Concealer: If you’re looking for a more natural makeup look, don’t forget to use concealer. Concealer will help hide any dark circles or blemishes you have and also make your foundation look smoother. Be sure to blend it in well so it looks natural and doesn’t stand out too much.
4. Use Cream Blush: Cream blush is so much easier to apply than powder blush, making it much better for beginners. You can use your fingers or a stippling brush to apply the blush, which is especially helpful if you’re just starting out with makeup.
5. Use Multiple Brushes: For eyeshadow, use a couple of brushes so you can get the colors blended properly. One brush should be a blending brush and the other a more pointed brush for adding more precision. By using multiple brushes, you can easily achieve a professional-looking eyeshadow look.
6. Highlight Your Eyes: Highlighting your eyes can really make them stand out. Use a bright eyeshadow and apply it to your brow bone and inner corners of your eyes. This will help to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
7. Consider Contouring: Contouring is a great way to add dimension to the face and make your features look more sculpted. Start with a matte bronzer or contour powder to create the hollows of your cheeks and use a highlighting powder to bring light to the high points of your face.
8. Use Setting Spray: Applying setting spray at the end of your makeup routine can help your makeup last all day. This is especially important if you have oily skin or if you’ll be in a warm environment.
9. Choose the Right Foundation: Choosing the right foundation is essential for achieving a flawless complexion. Make sure your foundation is light enough to still let your skin show through, but enough coverage to even out your skin tone.
10. Choose Lip Color Wisely: The wrong lip color can make you look younger